This event is only open to KU Leuven researchers and staff.
The Artes Research team from KU Leuven Libraries Artes and the ABAP council will kick off the new academic year with a special “How Do You Do (It)?” (HDYDI) session dedicated to research data workflows. This special session will coincide with the start of the Digital Scholarship Module taught by the Artes Research team. It will take place on Tuesday 7 November, 13h30-15h30, in the Justus Lipsiuszaal (Erasmushuis, Leuven). Everyone is welcome to attend, you do not need to register!
To help you through the afternoon slump, we will start with coffee and cookies which will be served in the main entrance hall of the Erasmushuis.
We will then move up to the 8th floor (Justus Lipsiuszaal) to start the session which will feature talks from researchers at the Faculty of Arts who outline their research workflows: how do they approach their research, what tools do they use, with what kind of data are they working, etc. We will get a behind-the-scenes look from:
- Vicente Parrilla López (Musicology)
- Stijn Carpentier (KADOC – Documentation and Research Centre on Religion, Culture and Society)
- Tom Gheldof (Ancient History)
There will be lots of time for questions and getting to know each other’s workflows.
The event will take place in Leuven, but if you would like to join online you can let us know at email@example.com and we will provide you with the link.
Keep an eye out for the next HDYDI event that will take place in Spring!
- When: Tuesday 7 November, from 13h30 to 15h30
- Where: coffee in main entrance hall and session in Justus Lipsiuszaal (Erasmushuis, Leuven) with online option: if you would like to join online you can let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with the link
- Price: free
- Registration: no registration required