Open Science aims to make scientific research freely available to other scholars and to society. It is an extra opportunity for high-quality research because it makes the whole research process more transparent.
This training is a half-day session that provides theoretical and practical insights about Open Science practices. The focus is on topical Open Science themes and their practical implementation, which makes this introduction different from other trainings related to Open Science. The organizers invite researchers with diverse backgrounds from our university as speakers, including PhD researchers, who share their experiences with implementation Open Science practices in their own research. The programme is a combination of presentations on theoretical concepts and a more hands-on approach.
The 2023 edition of The Open Science Discovery for PhD researchers will focus on practical applications of Open Science, at the different stages of the research lifecycle.
- 13h30 – 14h00: Introduction, including testimonies by researchers – Joos Vandewalle
- 14h00 – 15h00: Session on preregistration
- Sharing experiences.
- Preregistration from a researcher’s point of view – Laura Dewitte
- Hands-on training – Olivia Kirtley
- 15h00 – 15h30: Break
- 15h30 – 16h15: Session on data sharing
- KU Leuven’s Research Data Repository (RDR) – Marleen Marynissen
- Data sharing in a discipline specific repository – Carolina Velázquez
- 16h15 – 17h00: When early sharing meets valorization – Leuven Research & Development
- 17h00 – 17h15: Conclusions. How to go further with Open Science – Stef Van Puyenbroeck
- When and where: 24 October, 13h30-17h30 (STUK aula, Naamsestraat 96 in Leuven)
- Who: Training targeted at PhD researchers, but other researchers and support staff are welcome.
- NOTE: A streaming option will be available, but we cannot offer the full experience to online participants, especially during the hands-on session about preregistration. The certificate of attendance will be delivered only to in-person participants.
- Registration: Click here to register
- More info: check out the event website for more information