The Open Science Day of KU Leuven is a yearly event for KU Leuven researchers to exchange Open Science experiences. The 2023 edition will be a combination of classical paper presentations, debates, and posters.
We welcome both in-depth analyses of Open Science topics and practical hands-on contributions that focus on best practices. The idea is to explore the opportunities and challenges related to Open Science from a researchers’ point of view. So contributions may showcase the implementation of Open Science principles in a research project, or they may address barriers and difficulties in the journey towards Open Science, discussing small steps which might be taken to tackle them.
The abstracts and slide decks of accepted papers, as well as accepted posters, will be published in the proceedings of the KU Leuven Open Science Day available on PubPub, together with the biography of the presenter(s). Details about this publication (including submission deadlines, which will be at the end of April) will be communicated after notification of acceptance.
- Open Access, the future of scholarly publishing, novel publication formats, preregistration, preprints, choosing a publishing venue, rights retention strategy
- Copyright issues, authorship roles, intellectual property rights, reconciling openness and valorization
- Research data management, FAIR data, open sharing of software, licensing, metadata and reporting standards, repositories
- Open educational resources, sharing and reuse of educational material, integrating Open Science practices in education
- Contributing to Open Science as a supervisor, coping with the challenges of system change as an early career researcher, metrics
- Citizen science and participatory research, collaboration with non-academic partners
- Feel free to make your own Open Science suggestion!
All KU Leuven researchers are welcome to apply. We are looking for diverse contributions, from early career researchers and senior academics. To submit a contribution, researchers are kindly requested to provide:
- an abstract, 350 words max
- a short bio, 150 words max
- the presenter’s name and affiliation, as well as contact information
- type of contribution: paper or poster
- contributions will be accepted in English
Closing date for submissions: 8 January 2023. Proposals will be assessed by a committee of Open Science experts and KU Leuven researchers. Notice of acceptance will be given by 4 March 2023.
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your contribution.
- The Open Science day will take place at a hybrid event on 2 May 2023, in Leuven and online (more details will be announced closer to the date).
- Website: https://www.kuleuven.be/open-science/events/2023/open-science-day-2023
- Contact: email@example.com
- Feel free to contact us if you have any suggestions for this study day or for the further development of Open Science at KU Leuven.