The Faculty of Arts and KU Leuven Libraries jointly organize a 2-day training (22/11 and 23/11) focusing on “self-made” document digitization for researchers and staff members. Different modules (that can be followed independently from each other) will teach you: (1) how to photograph archival materials to ensure the best possible quality; (2) how to create an ideal research data management (RDM) workflow for the digitized materials; (3) and how to apply Optical Character Recognition and Handwritten Text Recognition (HTR) to automatically transcribe text from images.
Module 1 (day one)
Digitization and Research Data Management
Module 2 (day two)
OCR and HTR
- Date: Tuesday 22 November
- Time: 10:00-16:00 (1 hour reserved for lunch on your own)
- Location: Room M00.E67 – collaborative learning room, Leercentrum AGORA
- Date: Wednesday 23 November
- Time: 9:30-15:30 (1 hour reserved for lunch on your own)
- Location: Colloquium, University Library
Want to join?
The workshops will take place in person and will be hands-on in nature. To register for one or both modules, click here.